20+ Years Experience with Distance and Online Learning
Read Right Online Tutoring is guaranteed! If after eight sessions the student doesn’t demonstrate symptom reduction compared to the initial assessment, you can request a full refund for the eight tutoring sessions. Read the full guarantee at our sister page: tutoringforreading.com.
Read Right Online Tutoring is Effective With:
- Children ages 7 and up, teens, and adults with mild to severe reading problems
- Dyslexic students
- Special Education students, including learning disabled students
- English language learners
- Developmental college students
- Adults who have struggled with reading for years
Our Online Tutoring is Easy to Access:
- Sign up for a consultation. If you are a parent of a student, you can observe.
- During the consultation, the struggling reader is assessed for entry reading level. If the student is a non-reader, they are assessed for phonics knowledge.
- If you choose to proceed, the student is sent a customized set of books and assigned a tutoring time.
- At the assigned time, the student uses a computer to log in to the online tutoring session.
- The student puts on a headset with microphone and turns on the webcam.
- The Online Tutor takes it from there, guiding students through our highly structured program.
For individuals and families, we guarantee your satisfaction. Our Online Tutoring service uses the same Read Right methods verified to be effective through gold-standard research. All you need is (1) a computer with the capacity to handle video-conferencing technology, (2) high-speed Internet access, and (3) a microphone and headset to use to communicate with the Online Tutor.
What Accounts for the Success of Read Right Reading Tutoring?
Read Right tutoring is highly effective because we use an immersive environment and highly structured methods to address BOTH explicit/declarative learning and implicit/procedural learning. Both are essential for reading. Scientific neuro-imaging studies have documented that the human brain processes these in significantly different ways. Explicit learning — or facts that can be declared — are processed by the insula, a small and limited brain region. However, implicit/procedural learning is processed by the frontal-striatal network, providing instantaneous connection to multiple brain regions. As a result, Read Right uses implicit/procedural learning to harness the brain’s natural “plasticity,” or the ability to construct and remodel neural networks that guide all the functions we control, including reading. Top athletes and musicians use implicit/procedural learning all the time to perfect their abilities!