Read Right Intervention and Reading Tutoring Program
Effective in Correctional Facilities
Reading problems are caused when an individual constructs a flawed neural network to guide the process of reading. Because the network has errors encoded in, it operates inappropriately when it is accessed to read. The result is less than efficient, effective reading. The only way to eliminate a reading problem is to compel the brain to remodel the network. Brains are “plastic,” but they are resistant to change. The tutoring environment, therefore, requires precision.
Read Right tutoring methodology compels the brain to do this remodeling work, resulting in comfortable, natural reading and understanding of the author’s message. Read Right consultants come to your facility and train members of your education staff to be small group tutors, skilled in providing just the right environment.
Reading ability and reading comprehension improves rapidly with Read Right tutoring.
Intensive, In-Depth Training of Your Staff
- Seven weeks (spread over 18 weeks) of effective training are provided to your staff in implementing the innovative Read Right methodology. Because the training is hands-on, service to your students starts immediately. Your staff also becomes proficient in performing individual student assessments as well as in using the project management and student management systems, training materials, implementation manuals, reporting systems, and quality assurance systems.
- Up to 4 staff members are trained at one time. They can be certified teachers, instructional aides, or a combination of the two. Each adult works with five students during one tutoring session. These can be Title I students, special education students, RTI students, English language learners, or any student who isn’t an efficient, effective reader (in any combination).
Read Right System Provides:
- The Read Right library, consisting of 700+ books (many reflecting Native culture) and materials needed to implement the methodology
- The Read Right digital library, which contains the audio files needed for one component of the library
- Systems for project and student management, quality assurance, and reporting
- Extensive off-site support for on-going quality assurance and collaborative problem-solving when Read Right Consultants are not on site doing training
Optional Read Right Trainer Training
Most clients opt for training a Read Right Trainer so they can bring in house the expertise required for expansion and quality assurance.
- One Read Right Tutor is trained to be a trainer through a hands-on model in which up to four additional tutors are brought on board
Read Right Online Tutoring Program, an Implementation Alternative
The Read Right intervention program can be delivered through direct Online tutoring of your students rather than through training your staff. This option is perfect for clients who want to pilot Read Right, institutions who have limited staffing, distance learning, or clients who have only small numbers of students.
- Students are tutored in groups of four via the internet by Read Right employees
- Each student must have access to a computer with Internet connection, a webcam, and a headset with a microphone