What Accounts for the Success of the Read Right Reading Intervention Program?
From brain science, we know this: The only way to eliminate a reading problem is to compel the brain to remodel the neural network that guides how readers read. Our wonderfully complex brains are “plastic;” meaning, we can change how we function. But the human brain is also resistant to change. The Read Right Reading Intervention Program is appropriately structured to compel students to do the remodeling work. We know from experience that the tutoring environment must be precise. Read Right provides intensive training to achieve this precision. For schools implementing their own school-based Read Right programs, Read Right consultants work with your staff and students on site for seven weeks, spread over 18 weeks. The turn-key, hands-on program includes students almost immediately, so schools can begin delivering services to students as soon as training begins.
Imagine the effective learning community you could establish if all students could easily and comfortably get information from print! With Read Right’s innovative intervention model this is possible.
Intensive, In-Depth Training of Your Staff
- Seven weeks of on-site consultant time, spread over 18 weeks. Your staff will become proficient in performing individual student assessments and tutoring, as well as use of the project management and student management systems, training materials, implementation manuals, reporting systems, and quality assurance systems.
- Up to 4 staff members are trained at one time. They can be certified teachers, instructional aides, or a combination of the two. Each adult works with five students during one tutoring session. These can be Title I students, special education students, RTI students, English language learners, or any student who isn’t an efficient, effective reader (in any combination).
Read Right System Provides:
- The Read Right library, consisting of 700+ books (many reflecting Native culture) and materials needed to implement the methodology
- The Read Right digital library, which contains the audio files needed for one component of the library
Systems for project and student management, quality assurance, and reporting
- Extensive off-site support for ongoing quality assurance and collaborative problem-solving when Read Right Consultants are not on site doing training
Optional Read Right Trainer Training
Most clients opt for training a Read Right Trainer so they can bring in-house the expertise required for expansion and quality assurance.
- One Read Right Tutor is trained to be a trainer through a hands-on model in which up to four additional tutors are brought on board.
Read Right Online Tutoring Services: An Implementation Alternative
The Read Right intervention program can be delivered through direct Online tutoring of your students rather than through training your staff. This option is perfect for after school programs, potential clients who want to pilot Read Right, homebound students, schools that have limited staffing, or clients who have only small numbers of students.
- Students are tutored in groups of four via the Internet by Read Right employees
- Each student must have access to a computer with Internet connection, a webcam, and a headset with a microphone