Gold-standard research (Education Northwest, Scott et al., 2010) verifies that Read Right is effective for RTI. Focusing on comprehension, that research has been reviewed and rated highly by the National Center on Response to Intervention (RTI).
Dr. Dee Tadlock and Read Right Systems have extensive experience working with Native American project sites. Call and request contact information for the Muckleshoot, Kalispel, and Spokane Nations in Washington State; the Yup’ik Nation in Alaska; the Cheyenne in South Dakota; the Sioux in North Dakota; and more.
Read Right offers a Primary Core Curriculum for Grades K-3, as well as a Reading Intervention Program for elementary- and secondary-level struggling readers. To date, we have trained staff members at more than 500 non-Tribal and Tribal project sites. In 2010 we introduced a new service—Online Tutoring—that makes it possible for Tribal programs to provide cost-effective, small-group tutoring in reading to children, teens, and adults everywhere that Internet and webcam technology are available.
Effective With Kalispel Students, Grades 3-12:
• On average, students gained 2.5 years in comprehension in one school year
• Kalispel Special Education students gained 3.2 years in comprehension during the same period
Effective With Sioux Students:
• On average, Standing Rock students Grades 7-12 gained 2.9 years in comprehension in one school year
• Cheyenne Eagle Butte students Grades 4-11 gained 1.8 years in comprehension during the same period
Effective at Havermale High School, Grades 9-12:
• On average, Spokane and Kalispel students gained 3.4 years in comprehension in one school year
• Over three years, the percentage of Havermale Tribal students passing the state assessment in reading grew from 22% to 60%
Read Right Primary Core Curriculum
When children learn how to do any process, for example, how to walk, how to talk, how to ride a bike, etc. they gradually build a neural network to guide the particular process they are learning. Reading is no exception: When children learn how to read, they build a network in their brains to guide the reading process. The Read Right Primary Core Curriculum is designed to ensure that every student builds a reading network that operates efficiently and effectively from the beginning.
Read Right Reading Intervention Program
Reading problems are caused when students construct a faulty neural network to guide the process of reading. Grounded in Piaget’s theory of interactive constructivism, the Read Right Reading Intervention Program relies on the plasticity of the brain to remodel the neural circuitry that is operating inappropriately. Even the most challenged students are quickly transformed from poor readers to excellent readers—in a matter of months, not years!
Benefits for the Student
- Provides quick, significant, and permanent improvement
- Transforms poor readers to excellent readers
- Builds positive self-esteem
- Restores hope and confidence; expands student potential
- Establishes a solid foundation for academic success
Benefits for the School
- Diminishes staff frustration by providing an effective tool to help students succeed
- Generates noticeable results for children and teens, delighting family members
- Helps meet Federal guidelines and close the achievement gaps
Successful Projects Have Been Established in:
- Tribal schools
- BIE schools
- Public schools on Native American Reservations
- Urban schools serving significant numbers of Native American students
- Rural schools serving significant numbers of Native American students
For more information about staff training for our on-site programs contact Maureen Mortlock directly: email email@example.com or call 360.427.9440 (Pacific Standard Time).