Reading Intervention Program
In the context of Response to Intervention (RTI), the Read Right Reading Intervention Program is appropriate for Tier 2 and Tier 3 struggling readers. By design, Read Right methodology compels students to remodel the neural network that, in poor readers, guides the reading process incorrectly. Once remodeled, the network yields comfortable, natural reading and understanding of the author’s message every time it is accessed to read. Brains are “plastic,” but they are resistant to change. The tutoring environment, therefore, requires precision.
In our classroom-based delivery model, Read Right Consultants spend seven weeks on your campus (distributed over 18 weeks) training members of your staff in our highly structured small-group tutoring system. The contract cycle typically lasts for one full school year, providing schools with on-going support via email and phone, monthly reporting, and year-end data. Your teachers and aides will become experts in providing the precise environment required to transform students into successful readers who read with comfort and enjoyment, and who comprehend what they read.
Closing the achievement gap and raising test scores become possible when your struggling students are transformed into successful readers. Schools using the Read Right Intervention Program have reported these positive effects as the result of Read Right tutoring.
The Read Right Intervention Program does not seek incremental improvement for the struggling reader. It is designed to quickly eliminate the reading problem at its source. Our methods were developed over nearly 30 years, and they have been found effective through gold standard, third-party research. The Intervention Program is available in two formats:
- The Classroom-Based Intervention Program: We train classroom teachers and aides to deliver highly structured small-group tutoring to students. Read Right methodology works for all kinds of students (including those diagnosed with dyslexia) and with all reading levels (including non-readers).
- Online Tutoring Service: Read Right Systems, Inc. can provide expert tutoring directly to students via the latest Online video conferencing technology (requires access to a webcam, headset with microphone, and a computer capable of handling Blackboard Collaborate video conferencing technology). Online Tutoring is delivered by Read Right-trained tutors and is nearly identical to the classroom-based program.
Intensive, In-Depth Training of Your Staff
- Up to four of your staff members will be trained at one time. They can be certified teachers, instructional aides, or a combination of the two. Each adult will work with up to five students during each tutoring session. These can be (in any combination) Title I students, special education students, RTI students, English language learners, or any student who isn’t an efficient, effective reader.
- Our hands-on training methds will help your staff become proficient in implementing the Read Right small-group, student-centered methodology and in performing individual student assessments, and in using the project management and student management systems, training materials, implementation manuals, and reporting and quality assurance systems.
Read Right System Provides:
- The Read Right library, consisting of 700+ books (many reflecting Native culture) and materials needed to implement the methodology
- The Read Right digital library, which contains the audio files needed for one component of the library
- Systems for project and student management, quality assurance, and reporting
- Extensive off-site support for on-going quality assurance and collaborative problem-solving when Read Right Consultants are not on site doing training
Optional Read Right Trainer Training
Most clients opt for training a Read Right Trainer so they can bring in-house the expertise required for expansion and quality assurance.
- One Read Right Tutor is trained to be a trainer through a hands-on model in which up to four additional tutors are brought on board.
Read Right Online Tutoring Program, an Implementation Alternative
The Read Right intervention program can be delivered through direct online tutoring of your students rather than through training your staff. This option is perfect for after school programs, potential clients who want to pilot Read Right, home bound students, schools that have limited staffing, or clients who have only small numbers of students.
- Students are tutored in groups of four via the Internet by Read Right employees
Each student must have access to a computer with internet connection, a webcam, and a headset with a microphone