Read Right projects for English Language Learners enable participants to quickly develop competence and comfort in reading, writing, speaking, and listening. The expectation of the student is shifted away from a concept of learning vocabulary and grammar rules first and then using the language and towards a concept of learning the language as he or she uses it. In this way, Read Right mirrors the way the brain learns language naturally and so is more effective and more efficient than methodologies that cause the brain to learn language in an unnatural way.
Read Right English Language Learners will:
- Expand their vocabulary so they can more readily express their thinking and understand others.
- Improve their ability to use appropriate English structure to facilitate oral and written communication with native speakers
- Improve their pronunciation so they are more easily understood.
Read Right Works for All English Language Learners—Even Those with Reading Problems
- The Read Right methodology simultaneously addresses reading problems and English communication needs.
- Read Right helps students at all levels of language proficiency. Entry requirement: students must be able to understand the English in early first-grade books.
- Read Right’s approach to accent reduction quickly helps students whose accents make them very difficult to understand.
- The immediate and consistent feedback that is required to shape language acquisition by making the brain aware of areas of confusion and erroneous understandings is not possible in a large group setting. The five-to-one tutoring format of the language acquisition model is a key ingredient in its efficiency and effectiveness.
- Teachers in other classes quickly notice the difference in communications (reading, writing, listening, speaking).